- Janette being left at the church=Harry being left at the Dursleys
- Janette being bullied by Tyson=Harry being bullied by Dudley
- Janette being friends with Malinda and Silas=Harry being friends with Ron and Hermione
- Janette leaving Bethsaida Chapel to attend Gamaris Academy of Alchemy & Magic=Harry leaving the Dursleys’ home to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry
There are several profound differences between Harry Potter and Janette Lennox; the main difference is that Janette is going through a mild form of PTSD after Tyson beats her for not attending his birthday party. Plus, Janette feels inadequate at times and she avoids the other students, especially those who have parents. As far as we know, Harry doesn’t even suffer the ill effects of being locked away in a closet for ten years, nor does he suffer from depression because he was living with people who did not like him or treat him well.
I could go on describing the differences between Harry and Janette, but that’s not this blog post. I have written Janette to be a darker version of Harry Potter with a few Twilight-like elements thrown in for good measure. There is the “Golden Trio” of Malinda, Silas, and a new boy named Garrett, but none of them are actually good; in fact, they plot to kidnap Janette and rid her of her magic. All of this tension will actually make a better story than Harry Potter ever was.
Now you know.
- REVIEW: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (reread) (theliteraryflaneur.wordpress.com)
- Harry Potter and life (tpotter54.wordpress.com)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (ireaditblog.wordpress.com)