I found this on Springhole.Net and decided that this could be useful for when you want to do a Harry Potter story set in the future…(or maybe not)
Harry Potter’s story takes place during the 1990s. But we want to write a future story. But according to the article, this could be a problem for the following reasons:
- You can’t bring your Smartphone into Hogwarts. OR you can use magic to make your Smartphone work. No matter what, there are no Muggle-made devices allowed at Hogwarts. (Or wizards could ban Muggle things altogether.)
- Secrecy is harder, as Muggles could film someone doing magic with their Smartphones and upload the video onto YouTube.
- Muggle-born wizards and witches’ lives are ruined by Hogwarts (plus, going to Hogwarts compromises said Muggle-born’s future in the Muggle world)
- Even better, Muggles seem to have it easier than wizards; since Muggles are technologically advanced and wizards are a century and a half behind.
Maybe that’ll discourage you from writing Harry Potter next generation fanfiction, or at least make you rethink the world of Harry Potter altogether. (I was already rethinking Harry Potter long before this list came out.)
- Writing Resources I Use (amandawithachanceofrandom.wordpress.com)
- #HarryPotterAThon Week 2 (nadiareads1.wordpress.com)
- “Harry Potter” film rankings (loganrankamovie.wordpress.com)
- SpringHole Writing Generators (lunaelainspired.wordpress.com)