As we all know, there is an alternative story out there for all those who want something to think about other than Harry Potter.
And here is the story:
Percy Jackson is a boy who has some troubling issues, such as ADHD and dyslexia. But he never expected to see his math teacher turn into a monster and almost kill him.
And then something exciting happens.
He finds out that far from being a regular kid who has ADHD and dyslexia, he is a son of the sea god Poseidon. In short, he is a demigod.
Percy then ends up in a place called Camp Half-Blood, a sanctuary for other demigods like him. He makes new friends and goes on epic quests. The first book (and movie) is what happens when someone (I won’t name names, but they know who they are!) steals Zeus’s lightning bolt and Percy sets off to retrieve it. The second book (and movie) is what happens when he and a few companions set off to retrieve the Golden Fleece from the Sea of Monsters (a.k.a. The Bermuda Triangle)
And the thing about this story is, though, is that Percy Jackson is not a harry potter look alike. In fact, it’s not even emulating Harry Potter at all. Percy Jackson and the Olympians (and the sequel Heroes of Olympus) is all about the Greek gods and Greek mythology, which is something that you Potter-loving freaks just don’t understand.
My advice: set aside Harry Potter and hop on the Percy Jackson Express. That is all.
- Percy Jackson Series Review (negaublog.wordpress.com)
- Percy Jackson and The Olympians (rwh92.wordpress.com)
- Percy Jackson Review on books 1 and 2 (mcmaffei55.wordpress.com)
- That moment When You’re So Bored That You Just Copy and Paste from a previous welcome post (poptropicahelpdesk.wordpress.com)
- SPOILER: Percy Jackson didn’t steal the lightning bolt…technically. (bookingawesome.wordpress.com)