And now for the extras, which I will post here:
A word of caution:
This book pokes fun at everything. You already know this. But to give you an example of what it makes fun of, here’s a list of everything that the book has mocked so far:
- Larry Dobber by J. P. Wordling: the worst-selling children’s book series that is threatening to turn itself into a major Hollywood movie unless it is stopped. Here are the books in order: Larry Dobber & the Soothsayer’s Bone / Larry Dobber & the Pholospher’s Chrone, Larry Dobber & the Cahbmer of Sercets, Larry Dobber & the Poisoner of Altazan, Larry Dobber & the Cup of Burnt Oil, Larry Dobber & the Legoin of the Penguinz, Larry Dobber & the Quarter-Vail Plince, Larry Dobber & the Deadly Hammers
- The Blightnight Snaga by Bethenie Leyar: paranormal romance about a girl and a fampire which was embraced by scores of young girls everywhere.
- Innovation Chain by Chirstofar Pailname: written by a teenager, long maligned for glorifying fire-breathing destructive monsters.
- Kercy Mackson & the Asgardians by Nick Weirdon: a mixture of modern-day fantasy and mythology. Easy and fun to read.
- Children of the Bread Ping series (also known as the Narlie Tone series) by Penny Limmo: Long maligned as a Larry Dobber lookalike, this series centers on a young boy with strange powers who gets with other kids with strange powers and fights against adults with strange powers.
- The Starvation & Fight to the Death Games by Zucanne Follins: a controversial dystopian tale about a girl who wins fame and respect by shooting rocks at her rivals for the enjoyment of a bunch of kid-hating adults.
- Atalan Swan by Ein Copper: the story of a kid posing as a mafia don who dared to mess with fairies.
- Soul Taker Trilogy by Nessel Harrymann: A medieval-type story that was banned in the USA for having a gay hero but became a bestseller everywhere else.
Note: All but the last book on this list is based off of the Harry Potter series, The Twilight Saga, The Inheritance Cycle, Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Children of the Red King/Charlie Bone series, The Hunger Games, and Artemis Fowl. These fake book titles are a play on the original books they were named after.
- The Lost Generation of Harry Potter (cmpivo.wordpress.com)
- The new face of Harry Potter (telegraph.co.uk)
- Reading Between the Wines – Harry Potter (misshollycircprincess.wordpress.com)
- Books (surfwizard.wordpress.com)
- Why “The Next Harry Potter” Will Never Exist (typesters.wordpress.com)
- A Harry Potter Encyclopedia? Part 2 (magicalwizardingadventures.wordpress.com)