In 2005, I wrote a story called “The Myth of Jacquel“, which concerned a young girl named Tabez Berea, who disappeared into a magical world called Sarnwey, where she grew up and later became its queen. That story was the setting for the tale of Kaylen Klieg, who was a young boy destined to become a great and very powerful mage and save the Sarnwey from its permanent destruction.
For starters, Kaylen was known as Micah Dratzins, who was constantly picked on by various students in his high school for being “weird”. He didn’t have a good relationship with his foster parents Franco and Kelly Dratzins, nor did he get along with his foster brothers Marco and Vlad.
But all of that changes one day when he was kidnapped by his true father and learns of his true identity and destiny. He is also lured into a strange land called Childhome, where many lost children believed that he would be their hero.
Here’s where the story begins:
After Kaylen goes off to Childhome with Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, everything changes when he discovers that his destiny is to not only save the magical land of Sarnwey, but he must save the life of a handicapped child who had the power to see fairies and could restore magic to Sarnwey.
7-year-old Coleman Sheffield is an autistic little boy who lives with his parents, Adele and Clancy, in the city of Toronto, Ontario. His visions of fairies and elves raise eyebrows and several people plan to remove the little boy from his family and place him in a mental institution.
But before they could get to him, Kaylen and Imani show up and take him away. Then they, Aaron Lakeshire, and Alexis Luvannokitch go off to the magical village of Lerfrey, Edenia, where Kaylen’s mother, the former Princess Penelore of Outworld, was imprisoned for her many crimes against Edenia and she sits in a dark tower of the Anglavona Castle. She sends the fairies Gandim and Lope with him and begs him to find out the truth about the war that destroyed Outworld in order to clear her name.
And with that, Kaylen and his group of companions set off on a grand adventure that will traverse the entire magical universe.
They meet many strange characters during their travels and manage to locate Kaylen’s foster brother, Vlad Dratzins, who had disappeared after year before Kaylen went to Childhome. With the entire population of Edenia calling for the execution of the former fairy queen and all kinds of odds stacked against him, can Kaylen succeed in bringing magic back to Sarnwey and clearing his mother’s name?
I had planned a six-part series dealing with Kaylen Klieg and his advenures in the magical worlds, which were as follows:
- Kaylen: After The Myth of Jacquel, Kaylen Klieg goes off on a magical journey. Escorted by his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch, Kaylen prepares to assume his place in the magical world. But before he can become a sorcerer, he is whisked off to Lerfrey, Edenia, where weird children are trained to use their powers to help save the world. Kaylen befriends an orphan named Raul Joneson just as his hometown of Idek is destroyed to make more room for a booming city and together, with Imani and Alexis, they go off to explore the dying country of Edenia. Edenia was once a magical place until human nature gained the upper hand and chased all the fairies out. The fairies punished the humans by stealing their children. The last human child stolen from Edenia was Tabez Berea, who later became Queen of Outworld and Kaylen’s mother. Kaylen and his friends must cross various desert terrains, battle dangerous enemies, and restore Edenia to its true form. Kaylen, however, is plagued by doubts about his true destiny. He also wonders about who he really is. Can Kaylen save Edenia (and perhaps the world) from destroying itself?
- Divine: After Kaylen, Kaylen Klieg goes off on another magical journey. Escorted by his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch, Kaylen prepares to assume his place in the magical world. But before he can become a sorcerer, he is whisked off to Wiloper, Edenia, where strange children are ruining the town by using their superpowers. Kaylen determines that the children are the products of rogue angels deliberating copulating with humans. Shamus Blarney, a descendant of a leprechaun, secretly assists him and helps get the magical children to Childhome before the normal humans try to get rid of them.
- Charisma: After Divine, Kaylen Klieg and his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch return to Childhome and rest. Soon after, Alexis’s mother, Jacquel Luvannokitch, comes to Childhome after many years of hard living on Earth. Kaylen is so smitten with his friend’s mother that he can’t think straight. Danger is lurking in the city of Liada, where a group of mentally retarded children are about to be executed as witches for causing a famine, which resulted in the deaths of thousands of poor and homeless people. One of the children about to be executed is a young girl named Charisma. Kaylen is also smitten with the little girl, which Alexis, Aaron, Vlad, and Imani fear may cloud his judgment. But Kaylen realizes that the other children are worth saving, too. Can he save the children from the village? And will he ever find true love?
- Fairy Tale: After Charisma, Kaylen Klieg goes off on yet another magical journey. Escorted by his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch, Kaylen prepares to assume his place in the magical world. But before he can become a sorcerer, he is whisked off to Gradna, Edenia, where children who are retarded are being abused by an evil and powerful cult. Kaylen decides to rescue them and bring them to Childhome. After the near-disaster in the last story, Imani convinces Kaylen that not everyone can be saved. But that doesn’t stop him from enlisting the services of a boy named Vivien, who wants to stay in the cult. Before the story ends, the six are forced into a twisted world, where an innocent child’s fairy tale becomes a teenager’s worst nightmare…
- Titan: After FairyTale, Kaylen Klieg goes off on still another magical journey. Escorted by his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch, Kaylen prepares to assume his place in the magical world. But before he can become a sorcerer, he is whisked off to Ngrea, Edenia, where a series of mass suicides are occurring. It turns out that the retarded children there are holding their families and the entire community hostage, demanding eternal servitude or they would commit suicide. Kaylen doesn’t believe any of this until Imani meets a normal boy named Uriel, who had been beaten up by his younger retarded half-sister. Kaylen realizes that instead of saving the retarded children, this time he would have to fight them. And this is not a battle that he would win so easily…and the prize is him, Imani, Aaron, Vlad, and Alexis to use as a sacrifice to the Devil himself.
- Penelore: After Titan, Kaylen Klieg goes off on his final magical journey. Escorted by his companions Imani Yamoussoukro D’eatamivcio, Aaron Lakeshire, Vlad Dratzins, and Alexis Luvannokitch, Kaylen prepares to assume his place in the magical world. But before he can become a sorcerer, he is whisked off to Sarnwey, Edenia, where his mother, Princess Penelore, is waiting for him. Kaylen and his companions are to bring the former magical realm back to its magical roots. The ancient land is dying because fairies had never had any children and they had been forbidden to take any Earthome children by the wicked king Varlet. Kaylen must overthrow Varlet and assume his place on the Sarnwian throne. He must also make Sarnwey a place for any Earthome child to go and fairies must be freed to use their magic to heal the world.
Well, I unfortunately had to scrap that idea after a long period of time and I knew that none of the stories were going to get off the ground. But I WILL be making this story into a series, but the sypnosis of the stories have yet to be decided.
And before I forget, here’s a picture of the cast: